Every time I read in one of those awful tabloids that my favorite pop-singer/songwriters Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are not exactly besties, my heart hurts a little. (Ladies, don’t hate! Celebrate!) So today’s playlist is an FBG olive branch, hoping that these two mega talents will put their differences aside and create something amazing together. Let’s get to it with this special workout playlist!
The Ultimate Katy Perry vs Taylor Swift Workout Playlist
1. Katy Perry, “Teenage Dream” (3:47). Perry’s songs are mostly a big old funfest and this one in particular will start your workout making you feel like a kid again.
2. Taylor Swift, “Shake It Off” (3:39). If you are ever in a bad mood, crank up this tune and get ready to show all the haters that you are ready to kick butt and take names!
4. Taylor Swift, “Blank Space” (3:51). Swift really knows how to handle “dang, she dates too much!” talk and turn it into an excellent, romantic tune.
5. Katy Perry, “Firework” (3:47). What is better than singing “boom boom boom”? Nothing, that’s what!
6. Taylor Swift, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” (3:12). The ultimate, most excellent and “hell yeah!” kiss-off song, period.
7. Katy Perry, “California Gurls” (3:56). This sunny confection includes a few verses from rapper Snoop Dogg and is supposed to be an “answer” to the Jay-Z and Alicia Keys collaboration, “Empire State of Mind.”
8. Taylor Swift, “Out of the Woods” (3:55). Such a cool and inspiring tune Swift co-wrote with Fun’s Jack Antonoff that will keep you motivated and push you to your new PR.
9. Katy Perry, “Dark Horse” (3:35). For this song, go for one more tough climb or work in a few sprints so that you really take your workout to the next level.
10. Taylor Swift, “Style” (3:51). You’ve done it — you kicked butt and it is time to slow things down and stretch it out a bit. You deserve it!
Katy Perry vs Taylor Swift Workout Playlist on Spotify
And here it is on Spotify!
Note: Since Taylor Swift is not on Spotify, all of the songs are covers by other artists — but still awesome!
So which Katy Perry and Taylor Swift songs would YOU include in a workout playlist? Let us know about them in the comments! —Margo