Every year in my family, we all say the same thing, “We should try something new this year.” Does it happen? Never. We stick to our regular, typical Thanksgiving recipes. Boring, right?
I am determined to switch it up this year. (Okay, I don’t normally do the cooking, but I do help!) Lucky for me, I found these super easy appetizers from Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps: Sweet Potato Hummus and Cranberry Pretzel Crisps.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 bag of Original Pretzel Crisps
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baked sweet potato
- *makes 3 cups of hummus
- In a large food processor (or blender), puree garlic cloves and chickpeas.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, and spices. Puree until smooth.
- Add sweet potatoes and puree until completely combined.
- Serve immediately with Original Pretzel Crisps (or your favorite flavor). Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Cranberry Pretzel Crisps
- Original or Sesame Pretzel Crisps
- Homemade or Store Bought Cranberry Sauce
- Any Soft Cheese, Such as Goat or Ricotta
- Spoon cheese onto each Pretzel Crisp. Dollop a little cranberry sauce on top.
- Optional: Use a small, round cookie cutter to press the cheese and sauce into layers. Slide the cookie cutter up and serve as fancy finger food.
Do you have some favorite, go-to apps for the holidays? For the past few years now, my family has made cream cheese tortilla roll-ups. They’re actually my go-to year round. —Erika