We’re always saying that “fit bottoms come in all shapes and sizes,” but we thought it would be fun to not just tell you what that phrase is all about but to show you — in your own words and with your own photos. So, as part of the Real FBGs movement (submit your own unique story here!), behold readers Holly, Lindsay and Melissa who are doing the dang thing. High-fives, ladies!
My name is Holly Stemm. I started my weight-loss journey in October 2014. I am proud to say I have almost lost 50 pounds. I have fallen in love with my body again. That feeling is amazing! Within the next six months I would like to lose another 40 pounds! I know now I can do it!! I have become obsessed with new workouts, vitamins and NEW CLOTHES!
I’m Lindsay, a runner, writer, triathlete, marketing professional, lifting enthusiast, dog owner — and real Fit Bottomed Girl. I’m also known as runlikeagirl311 (with a blog to match: www.runlikeagirl311.wordpress.com).
What do I love about being a fit girl and a real girl?
- I love my big legs and butt because they’re strong and help me run fast (just qualified for the Boston Marathon last month!).
- I love my strong arms; I’ve had women tell me they envy my arms (a good reminder of all the hard work I’ve done to get ’em!).
- I love my determined attitude (both in fitness and in life). I love my positive, happy demeanor (I believe fit-minded people are happier, more positive-minded people!).
- I love that I eat real food and treat myself, while keeping it all in balance.
- I love my dogs and the added encouragement they give me to stay fit (frequent walks and runs are a must).
- I love that my future husband and I share a mutual love and commitment to fitness.
In general, I love life and that fitness is a big part of it. On behalf of real girls everywhere, thank you for celebrating us!
I love how working out and making healthy choices makes me feel! I have 2-year-old twins and working out and being active helps me keep up with two very active 2-year-olds!
I was always skinny until I had my twins. They were born early at 28 weeks only weighing a little over 2 pounds. I was in the hospital for five weeks, and after they were born they were in the NICU for 80 days. I never thought I would be able to lose the weight after going through all of that. I developed PTSD because my mind was always on them; I never allowed myself to think how it all affected me.
So after going through all that, I never thought I would be able to do something for me, especially losing weight. My husband and I had found Shaun T’s T25 and decided to do it together. I not only fell in love with it, but lost all my baby weight as well. Since then I have done a variety of different workout programs, including lifting more weights to gain more muscle. I may not be as skinny as I was before kids, but I am fit, and at 32 years old am in the best shape of my life.
I am proud of my fit body. I have a new confidence I never had before, and I am happy to be a role model to my kids. I can show my kids the right way to eat, and hopefully be able to inspire others along the way.
Thank you ladies for sharing your stories! You ROCK. —FBGs