Are you ready to rock your body like a hurricane? Today’s workout combines cardio and weight-bearing moves that will work your entire body in a short amount of time. (We are BIG fans of HIIT workouts here!)
All you need are a set of medium weights and little bit of space, and you can knock out this workout in just under 30 minutes. (Win-win!)
Do the circuit below with 30 seconds of effort for each move. At the end of the circuit, rest for 30 seconds, then do it again for a total of 5 rounds. Now, get ready for some serious metabolic training!
Full-Body HIIT Workout
- Jog in place: Concentrate on drawing your navel to the spine and landing with a flat foot to get the full benefit of this cardio exercise.
- Standing shoulder press with one knee up: Check out this video from Michelle Trapp of Gold’s Gym for form and keep one knee up hip high the whole time. (Don’t worry, you will perform this with the other knee up soon!)
- Mountain climbers: Hands on the floor directly under your shoulders as you rapidly alternate moving your knees toward your chest.
- Jumping jacks
- Standing shoulder press with the other knee up (See what we did there?)
- Standard kettlebell swings: Check out this instructional video from BodyFit by Amy to pay attention to good form.
- Burpees! Here is a refresher from 30 Day Fitness Challenge if you need a reminder.
- Push-ups: Do them either on your toes or, for beginners, on your knees.
- Squats with alternating knee-ups: See how to do this from trainer Shanna Farrar of the Nike Training Club.
- Planks: Do them either on your toes, forearms or with your straightened arms directly under your shoulders.
What are YOUR favorite full-body HIIT workout moves? —Margo