The Good Mood Enabling Playlist
We believe in the power of music and take our playlists very seriously. Picking just the right tune for each theme is a science. We want to make sure they get you super motivated.
Today’s playlist is designed to put you in a good mood, whether you are a naturally cheerful person or you are suffering through a really rotten day. (Hey, we all go through those every once in awhile!) It will make smile while you sweat, which is just about the best feeling in the world.
1. JR JR, “Gone” (3:47). This warm-up tune from this Detroit-area indie pop-rock band will make you want to whistle along to its sunny beat, which may look a little foolish if you are on a treadmill but, hey, who cares?!
2. Pharrell Williams, “Happy” (3:53). It is next to impossible to listen to this song without singing along and becoming just a bit more happyyyy than you were before.
3. Scissor Sisters, “I Don’t Feel Like Dancing” (4:48). The funny thing about this single is that the lyrics are melancholy and all about NOT wanting to dance. However, it is so damn fun and bouncy that all you want to do is wave your hands and leap with joy. (Fun fact: Elton John is a co-writer!)
4. Taylor Swift, “Shake it Off” (3:39). Some of the best advice on dealing with haters and the blues is from this still totally still amazing song (and no we plan to never get sick of it) from the tall gal with squads everywhere she turns.
5. Jessie J, “Price Tag” (3:17). This glorious piece of music that is anti crass consumerism always makes us smile as it mixes reggae and rap with a lovely British accent. Win/win, people!
6. The Weeknd, “Can’t Feel My Face” (3:30). When you are looking to groove to a mellower mood, The Weeknd’s Can’t Feel My Face has you totally covered. (No wonder it did so well during this competition!)
7. Phases, “I’m in Love with My Life” (3:32). Whether or not you are feeling all that enthralled with YOUR life at the moment, this tune will make you want to bop your head to the beat.
8. Avicii, “Wake Me Up” (4:04). Swedish DJ (and totally hot heartthrob) Avicii knows how to make a song soar and make you feel like you are flying when listening to it, and this one, featuring singer Aloe Blacc, totally takes the proverbial cake.
9. The Black Eyed Peas, “I Gotta Feeling” (4:04). One of the best mood-shifter tunes of all time and still makes an impact every time we hear it.
10. Sam Roberts Band, “We’re All in This Together” (4:58). We will finish off this list with this one from Canadian Sam Roberts, whose lyrics are inspirational and will totally give you the feels.
Now Get the Good Mood Playlist on Spotify!
Note: Some of the songs from this playlist are not available on Spotify.
What songs put you in a good mood? —Margo