We love simple, nutritious quinoa recipes, and when they hit other marks (like being gluten-free and vegan), it’s even better. No wonder our first thought upon seeing this healthy quinoa pancake recipe was to share it!
Chef Talya Lutzker shares the full superfood recipe in this great video from our affiliate friends at Grokker. Overall, it’s a really simple one — it has just a few ingredients and you can make them in only minutes. However, you will need to soak the quinoa (overnight or even longer) before getting started, so make sure to plan well ahead!
One of Our Fave Quinoa Recipes: Pancakes
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup for serving
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and cover with 4 cups of water. Let the quinoa soak overnight or all day, for at least 8 hours.
- Take out the quinoa to drain and rinse. Stir in the salt and place 1 cup of the soaked quinoa into a blender or Vitamix.
- Add ½ cup fresh water and 1 tsp of salt and grind. The consistency should look and feel just like pancake batter, not too thick and not too thin.
- If the quinoa is too liquid, add an additional 2 tablespoons of quinoa and grind again until the consistency is right.
- If the quinoa is too dry, add 2 tablespoons of water at a time until the consistency is like a smooth pancake batter. Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large, wide skillet.
- In a pan add coconut oil. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook for about 1 & ½ minutes, or until the batter bubbles a little in the center and the edges turn a golden brown. Turn the pancake over and cook for another minute, or until the color is golden brown on the second side.
- Serve with maple syrup and Vitamineral Green!
What’s your favorite way to eat quinoa? I’m a big fan of sprinkling it on a salad. —Kristen