You work out. You invest in the right gear. You talk to yourself like your very own best friend. You park the car farther away in order to get more steps in. You guzzle water like a boss. You do what you can do beat stress. You dream big. You are a Fit Bottomed Girl.
So, naturally, you want your snacks to be as fit and as wholesome as the rest of your lifestyle, right? Of course you do. But there may be one tasty and smart little snack that you’ve been missing out on: peanuts!
Yes, peanuts are not just for bars to serve with beer (although, yes, they are delicious for that). They are for ladies who lift weighted bars and go to barre. (See what we did there?) Planters Peanuts are a wonderful snack to help make your workouts and fit life great, no matter where your day takes you. Here are five reasons why we here at FBG simply love ’em.
5 Reasons Why Peanuts Are a Perfect Fit Snack
1. They fuel workouts — and help you recover. Every single 1-ounce serving of dry roasted or oil roasted peanuts delivers seven grams of protein, helping your muscles rebuild if you nosh on them post-workout.
2. They’re filled with good fats. More than 80 percent of the fat found in peanuts is made up of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These are healthy fats that help keep blood vessels supple and lower cholesterol. That’s why Planters Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts, Lightly Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts, and Cocktail and Salted Peanuts are recognized by the American Heart Association and feature that little check on the packaging, letting you know they’re heart-healthy.
3. They curb the hangries. That protein and good fat we were just talking about? Yep, both of those help make you feel more satiated. They tame the hungry beast, which is always good … for everyone.
4. You can take them anywhere and everywhere. Peanuts don’t need refrigeration or any sort of special anything. Simply stash a can of Planters Peanuts in your gym bag or your car and GO!
5. Um, they’re delicious. No matter how you like your peanuts — classic, dry roasted or even flavored (hello there, Chili Lime Peanuts … ) — they are darn tasty. There’s a variety (or 10) for everyone.
See what we mean? Peanuts are snacking perfection! What’s your favorite flavor of Planters Peanuts? These days I’m all about the Lightly Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts. I’ll eat a handful before or after a gym session or run — and I always have them on hand for my daughter to munch on, too. Because what’s worse than when you feel hangry? When your toddler is hangry! —Jenn