Want to get your mom something more fit and fun this year for Mother’s Day? Hey, us, too! Which is why we’ve put together seven fantastic Mother’s Day gifts that any active mom would be psyched to get.
Mother’s Day Gifts She’ll Truly Love
1. TRX PINK. You guys know how we feel about the TRX and TRX workouts, and this one is, yes, pink which is fun, but the most important part is that it gives back. The limited edition TRX PRO Pink Suspension Training Kit ($199.95) gives back 10 percent of purchases to Bright Pink, the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women. Give a gift and give back to a great cause? Well, that’s just perfection, huh?
2. 3-Hole Bean Bag Toss Set. Get outside and active with a little bean bag toss! This is my personal favorite as I’m pretty much obsessed with skeeball and this is the closest game I can play without, you know, owning and maintaining an entire skeeball lane. This set comes with two foldable boards (the target holes have nets, too) and eight bean bags. Complete with a carrying bag, you can take this game anywhere and everywhere. I was sent a set to try and although it’s not the sturdiest bean bag toss set I’ve played on, it’s lightweight and easy to set up and break down. Perfect for the backyard and tailgating. Also, the perfect game to challenge mom to! Get it exclusively at DICK’S Sporting Goods for $29.99.
3. Funktional Wearables bracelets. You guys know how we feel about fitness tracker jewelry (brilliant). And Funktional Wearables has a little piece of bling for pretty much every fit tracker on the market (Fitbit models, as well as devices from Garmin, Jawbone and Misfit). Simply slip in your fitness tracker on the inner side of the bracelet and get on with your bad self as it stays put thanks to a patent-pending inner anchoring systems. Prices range from $20 to $64, and bracelets come in sizes XS to XXL — because, as we know and love, fit bottomed mamas come in all shapes and sizes!
4. Lily & Val’s Keepsake Kitchen Diary. So many of my family memories come from the kitchen. Whether its been baking holiday cookies, whipping up grandma’s famous mashed potatoes or even burning a new dish (been there, done that), the kitchen can be a place of bonding and (hilarious) memory making. Which is what makes this recipe keeper and journal in one so darn great. Beautifully designed, it organizes up to 200 recipes (divided into starters, soups/salads, main courses, side dishes, desserts and miscellaneous) while also including pockets for storing photos and special tokens. There are even tear-out recipe cards to share. For $45.99 this is one of those Mother’s Day gifts that keeps on giving!
5. Proven Jewelry. If your mom runs marathons or lifts weights like a boss, you might want to pick her up a charm or two from Proven Jewelry. With options from $20 to $100, you can get the perfect necklace or bracelet for your mom — be it running, kettlebell or weight-lifting themed. You can even customize the dog tag and round charms to commemorate special events like PRing a 5K, finishing a marathon or even scoring a wicked fast Fran time.
6. Fit Style All-in-One Meal Tote. Well, how darn great is this? Instead of a big bulky lunch container or cooler, mom can transport her healthy eats in style with a bag designed to carry up to four meals at one time in a completely removable and insulated zippered compartment (comes with gel packs to keep things cool!), plus everything else you might need in a purse like a laptop/tablet pocket, a pocket large enough to hold a standard protein shaker bottle, a key chain attachment and lots of other small pockets for personal items. This might be more of a Mother’s Day gift splurge at $129.99 to $159.99, but for the mom who is always on the go and loves her meal planning, this could be the best gift evah.
7. Fit Bottomed swag! Um, duh. Check out all the awesome options — from tanks to watches to our book — here!
What Mother’s Day plans do you have? I’ll be playing some bean bag toss with the family if the weather is good! —Jenn