3. Team Jump Rope
Jumping rope can be a fun way to spice up your cardio workout routine. And trust me, this will have you sweating in no time!
How it works:
- Grab a gym buddy, or a couple of them, and give everyone a jump rope.
- Set a time or stopwatch for 60 seconds.
- Everyone jumps with their rope simultaneously, counting the number of jumps they get during the 60 seconds.
- After the 60 seconds is up, add up the total number of jumps performed by your entire group.
- Now your goal is to beat that total by 10.
- You get another 60 seconds on the clock, and as a team you need to get 10 extra jumps done in order to move to the next round.
This is a great teamwork game that helps everyone encourage one another while still pushing performance. Plus, after even a few rounds, your heart will be pounding!
So which of these three workout games will you try this week? When you’re done, drop us a comment in the comment section below to let us know if you had a great workout, and, more importantly, had a laugh or two while doing it! —Dave
Dave Smith is a fitness and weight-loss coach who was chosen as “Canada’s Top Fitness Professional” in 2013. He is the editor-in-chief at Total Coaching, and hosts a weekly Q&A fitness podcast at makeyourbodywork.com. Contact him any time for answers to all your exercise and fitness questions!