Who loves Meb? We love Meb! Because Meb Keflezighi is one of the most charming, sincere and inspirational guests we’ve ever had on the podcast. (And that’s saying something with all of these amazing eps!)
As Meb was making a round of appearances on behalf of KT Tape right before the annual New York Marathon, we got to talk to this superstar long distance champion runner about everything from his early days growing up in war-torn Eritrea, Africa, to running (and winning) the Boston marathon a year after the deadly bombings to how his unflagging spirit and determination have propelled him to the top of the running world to his devotion to his charitable works.
It. Was. Awesome. A few quotables …
Episode 14 Highlights With Meb Keflezighi
- What was going through his mind when he crossed the finish line in Boston
- The meaning behind his motto “Run to win”
- The time he managed to perform a few push-ups at the finish line at the 2016 Rio Olympics and the surprising reason he tried for one more shot at representing his country
- His charity work with the Meb Foundation, which helps those in need to find balance in health, education and fitness
- The challenges he faces training over the age of 40
- How his parents sacrificed to make sure Meb and his siblings achieve the American dream
Plus, Margo, Jenn and Kristen discuss their favorite mantras to help them stay focused in the face of adversity — and Kristen totally freaks out when Meb offers to Facetime with her.
Get the episode with Meb Keflezighi here or below!
Kristen’s reaction is the best, right? And he’s so cool, right?! —Jenn