Podcast Episode 20: Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo
When I did a 30-day Paleo challenge years ago, I went to a lot of different blogs for advice, recipes and info. And one of my favorites that I’ve come back to time and time and time again (even for non-Paleo special occasions!) is Nom Nom Paleo. Besides being totally obsessed with her cookbook (and she has a new one on the way, as you’ll learn!), Michelle Tam is just filled with so many good ideas for the kitchen — whether you’re fully Paleo, kinda-sorta Paleo, Paleo-curious or have no idea what Paleo even is. And we simply had a blast talking to her for episode 20 of our podcast!
A self-described “food nerd” with a degree in food science from UC Berkeley and a Doctorate of Pharmacy from the University of California at San Francisco (and, yep, we get into that!), Michelle is one of the Paleo world’s most popular advocates with a huge following on social media from around the world. And she’s so darn interesting and inspiring. Here are a few tidbits from our interview …
Podcast Episode 20 Highlights With Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo
- How and why Michelle went from being a vegetarian pharmacist, wife and mother to a Paleo superstar
- How eating healthy can prevent medical issues
- Details for her new cookbook that will offer quick and easy meals for every level of cook
- The fact that she is not one of those Paleo people who plan out every meal during the week
- How she gets her meals together on the fly
- How the medical establishment is behind the times with the latest research on good and bad cholesterol
- Why finding a Paleo tribe can help you when you feel like you are living in “The Matrix”
Before the interview, Margo, Kristen and I also talk about our individual eating plans and why we shy away from strict labels. Plus, we share our favorite quick and healthy recipes that are a “go-to” on busy days — which is quite often, honestly! Basically, this is a must-listen ep, guys!
Get the episode with Michelle Tam here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
What do you think about Paleo? I really, really loved Michelle’s take on it and how she approaches food. —Jenn