When I did a 30-day Paleo challenge years ago, I went to a lot of different blogs for advice, recipes and info. And one of my favorites that I’ve come back to time and time and time again (even for non-Paleo special occasions!) is Nom Nom Paleo. Besides being totally obsessed with her cookbook (and she has a new one on the way, as you’ll learn!), Michelle Tam is just filled with so many good ideas for the kitchen — whether you’re fully Paleo, kinda-sorta Paleo, Paleo-curious or have no idea what Paleo even is. And we simply had a blast talking to her for episode 20 of our podcast!
A self-described “food nerd” with a degree in food science from UC Berkeley and a Doctorate of Pharmacy from the University of California at San Francisco (and, yep, we get into that!), Michelle is one of the Paleo world’s most popular advocates with a huge following on social media from around the world. And she’s so darn interesting and inspiring. Here are a few tidbits from our interview …
Podcast Episode 20 Highlights With Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo
- How and why Michelle went from being a vegetarian pharmacist, wife and mother to a Paleo superstar
- How eating healthy can prevent medical issues
- Details for her new cookbook that will offer quick and easy meals for every level of cook
- The fact that she is not one of those Paleo people who plan out every meal during the week
- How she gets her meals together on the fly
- How the medical establishment is behind the times with the latest research on good and bad cholesterol
- Why finding a Paleo tribe can help you when you feel like you are living in “The Matrix”
Before the interview, Margo, Kristen and I also talk about our individual eating plans and why we shy away from strict labels. Plus, we share our favorite quick and healthy recipes that are a “go-to” on busy days — which is quite often, honestly! Basically, this is a must-listen ep, guys!
Get the episode with Michelle Tam here or below!
What do you think about Paleo? I really, really loved Michelle’s take on it and how she approaches food. —Jenn