We’re almost a whole month into 2017. And while your motivation to eat healthier and work out more may have been high that first week or two of January, I’m betting that by now, you might have slipped into some old patterns. So, let’s go ahead and do a resolution check-in shall we?
Tell us honestly: How are those resolutions coming? Slipping? Bored? Darn near non-existent?
Hey, it’s okay. You’re with friends here! And, remember, we love you just as you are.
And we’ve got some awesome ideas to help you shake those resolutions up again so that they’re fun, tasty and doable. Ready to get back to slaying?
We thought so.
5 Ways to Shake Up Those Resolutions and Keep Them Going
1. Set the day off right by drinking in the possibilities. One way to drink in the possibilities of the New Year and achieve your goals is to take resolutions day by day — and set the right tone from the moment you wake up. So try starting your morning off with a breakfast alternative. Plant-based protein shakes are a great option. They’re quick and easy to make and portable, too.
And Burt’s Bees Plant-Based Protein Shakes is one our faves. The protein in it comes from five protein sources: pea, brown rice, flax seed, sunflower seed and oat. Together, they form a complete essential amino acid profile with high digestibility.
2. Start a streak. Only eight percent of Americans are successful in achieving their resolution each year. And a lot of times resolutions don’t last because the goals aren’t measurable. But, if you set what we like to call a “streak” where you do something — even a small amount of it — every day, you can be one of the resolutions that make it past January! Simply set a realistic goal — like exercising for at least five minutes every day (try this shower workout!) or eating at least one serving of fruits or veggies for breakfast (check out Burt’s Bees Pinterest page for inspiration and recipes) every morning — and you’ll be well on your way to making your “streak” a long-term success. Because, after you get your streak going, who wants to break it? No one!
3. Focus on adding more good stuff in. When you think “healthy diet” it’s easy to get wrapped up into what you can’t have. But, instead, change your thinking to focus on what you can have. Because, dudette, you can have some DELICIOUS foods that are going to make you feel great. And it’s never been easier to get more plants into your diet. So many health professionals recommend plant-based nutrition in diets and Burt’s Bees Plant-Based Protein Shakes offer 15 grams of plant-based protein per serving. Available in vanilla or chocolate, these shakes are lightly sweetened with honey, monk fruit extract and Stevia leaf extract, and contain no artificial flavors. They have a silky smooth texture that’s not gritty or chalky. And, all Burt’s Bees Protein Shake formulas include a vitamin blend that’s extracted from real fruits and vegetables. The vitamin blend includes spinach, broccoli, carrot, beet, tomato, shiitake mushroom, apple, cranberry, cherry, orange, blueberry and strawberry. Great for adding more awesome into your day!
4. Connect with your why every day. Why are you making these changes? What drives you to be a better and healthier version of yourself? Figure out what that deep inner reason is, and then find a way to connect to it each and every day. Whether that’s by setting a mantra that you repeat to yourself throughout the day, or by creating a dream board that you look at every morning, or even a meditation that you do every night before you go to sleep, figure out the reason why you’re getting healthy and remember it on the reg.
5. Customize it. Being “healthy” is a pretty broad statement. So narrow down your goal by figuring out what you really want. Is it better workouts and recovery? More radiant skin for a healthy glow? Improved digestive health? Burt’s Bees Plant-Based Protein Shakes have a little something for everyone.
For an everyday boost and protein for workouts, try Daily Protein that provides 10 percent of your daily value of 12 essential vitamins. For a healthy glow, try Protein +Healthy Radiance with antioxidant vitamins A, C and E. For digestive health, go for the Protein +Gut Health formula with real dehydrated fruits and vegetables, like tomato, sweet potato and strawberry; 25 percent daily value of 12 essential vitamins*; and GanedenBC30 probiotics to help support your digestive health as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Know what you want and go for it!
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 12 essential vitamins are: A, C, D, E, K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6, Folate, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees . The opinions and text are all mine.