Talk about accomplished! Rona Ambrose is a former Canadian politician who served from 2015 to just a couple of weeks ago as the interim leader of the Conservative Party and Leader of the Opposition. She’ll be joining the Canada Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, where she’ll be focusing on Canadian-American relations, although at the time of our interview with her, she was still in office. And boy, does she stay busy!
Rona spoke with us about her incredibly busy work schedule, how she keeps healthy and sane while traveling for work (aside from this workout), plus her personal advice on speaking up for yourself.
Are you looking for some motivation to take on a big challenge? Then check out this episode to be inspired by the woman who helped create and organize the United Nations’ International Day of the Girl — really!
Some of our favorite quotes from Rona Ambrose in this ep:
Podcast Episode 40 Highlights With Rona Ambrose
- Where her passion for women’s and girl’s rights comes from
- How she handles sexism in the workplace (call it out for what it is!)
- Canada’s parliamentary system and how the political climate north of the border differs from what we see in the U.S.
- Why getting up early to fit in a workout is important for her
- The creation of the United Nations International Day of the Girl and why it is so needed around the globe: “If [the girls] can learn about their rights at an early age, they will become so much more empowered when they become young women.”
- Her favorite ways to relieve stress, including a good ol’ Netflix-bingeing session and her cashmere Hudson Bay blanket she takes literally everywhere she travels
- How she strives to eat healthy when traveling through nine cities in three days
- Her biggest challenge when acting as the Health Minister of Canada that made our jaws drop to the floor
- Tips for dealing with confrontation and not being afraid to get emotional
Also in this episode, Jenn, Kristen and I discuss Rona’s favorite workout as well as our fave on-the-road snacks.
Get the episode with Rona Ambrose!
How do you eat healthy when your job (or life in general) gets crazy? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at advertising@fitbottomedgirls.