Get ready to meet an amazing woman with just about the coolest media job out there: Lindsay Miller, news and culture director for the popular news, culture, entertainment and fashion site POPSUGAR. As a multimedia journalist she has covered the Oscars red carpet and the Cannes Film Festival — and even reported backstage from New York Fashion Week. (Like seriously, she has a dream job!)
In this episode she talks about what it is really like to work with the uber-famous, her best advice for advancing in your career (this is the second ep in our Like a Boss series!), beauty on-the-fly tips and her current favorite reads.
Our favorite Lindsey Miller quotes from this interview:
Podcast Episode 42 Highlights With Lindsay Miller
- How she landed such a fabulous career after growing up in Boise, Idaho; and one hint? Never turn down a Reader’s Digest internship!
- What it was like covering celebrity news at E! during the Tiger Woods scandal, Britney Spears’ woes and “The Bling Ring“
- The utter madness of red carpet events
- The number of people on a celebrity’s team who help them look so amazing on camera and in person
- Her favorite on-the-fly beauty and fashion tips, including a novel use for makeup sponges
- Some of the most memorable stories she’s worked on over the years
- Drew Barrymore’s general awesomeness
- Her top reading picks right now: Who Thought this Was a Good Idea? by Alyssa Matromonaco (President Obama’s former deputy chief of staff), Sing, Unburied, Sing: A Novel by Jesmyn Ward and Jessica Valenti’s newsletter, The Week in Patriarchy
- How women are multifaceted in their interests (to which we say, “Hell yeah!”)
Also in this episode, we discuss our current favorite books.
A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
White Hot Truth by Danielle LaPorte
The Power of One: A Novel by Bryce Courtenay
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterley
Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
Get the episode with Lindsay Miller here!
What is your dream job? What are your favorite current reads? Let us know in the comments below! —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at advertising@fitbottomedgirls.