For this episode we talk with the one and only Alison Feller of the Ali on the Run blog and Ali on the Run Show podcast. She is an avid runner with six complete marathons and lots of half marathons under her belt. Which is amazing for anyone, but an especially remarkable achievement considering that she deals with Crohn’s Disease — a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the lining of the digestive tract.
In this very candid chat, Ali gets real about how Crohn’s affects not just her running schedule but also her everyday life. (Spoiler: she is not always full of smiles and good humor!)
Some of our favorite quotes from Ali in this ep are …
Podcast Episode 45 Highlights With Alison Feller
- How Crohn’s Disease — which she has dealt with since childhood — affects her workout schedule and day-to-day living
- How she tries to keep an upbeat attitude and a sense of humor during a flare (but no poop emojis, please!)
- Her experience managing her love of exercise when flares happen
- Her experience with depression when she was not able to work out
- How her dog Ellie helps her
- The importance of taking social media breaks
- How her husband and family give her reality checks when her attitude is sour
- Being a “Crohn’s Scout” when going on walking excursions
- Her favorite podcast eps she has produced so far
Also in this episode, Jenn, Kristen and I confess our most embarrassing workout stories!
Get the episode with Alison Feller here!
Do you struggle with Crohn’s Disease? How do you manage your stress levels with it? Tell us about it in the comments! —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!