If your career isn’t everything you want it to be and you need some inspiration to try something new, you will love this episode with Cat Lincoln, founder and CEO of Clever. (You might recognize the award-winning, multi-million-dollar influencer marketing company from Batkid Make-a-Wish Day in San Francisco in 2013). Cat went from working the hardcore banking life to being a lifestyle blogger to eventually creating her own social media business and being recognized as a Fortune 500 executive. Bam!
In this episode (which is part of our Like a Boss series — get them all here!), Cat talks about the various kinds of sexism she’s encountered over the years while establishing her brand, along with her best advice for dealing with misogynistic behavior. Also covered in this lively and informative discussion, the “wild west” days of blogging, creating an office environment that feels cohesive when everyone works remotely, and what it’s like to work with your two best friends.
Our favorite quotes from Cat from this episode …
Podcast Episode 43: Highlights With Cat Lincoln
- What it’s like to start an influencer company with your best friends
- The way CLEVER fosters a female-empowerment vibe and how that differs from her corporate world background
- What is means to get “cupcaked” in the business world
- Why she decided to leave a comfortable job at Wells Fargo to become a professional blogger
- The deets on her first client being an actual Real Housewife of New York
- The best (and worst) part about being a boss
- Her favorite places to travel (which is nice when you have a “no set vacation” policy!)
Also in this episode, Jenn, Kristen and I discuss our dream travel destinations if money and time were no object.
Get the episode with Cat Lincoln!
Where would you travel if money and time were no object? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!