Podcast Ep 50: Liz Vaccariello, Editor-In-Chief of Parents Magazine
Get ready to meet a media maven who runs four magazines (four!) for the Meredith Parenting Network including Parents, Fit Pregnancy and Baby, Family Fun, and Parents Latina, is the mom to social media-savvy tweens, and somehow still finds time to fit in her workouts (whew!). Liz Vaccariello is a very busy woman who has learned some incredibly useful lessons that we can all use to make our lives healthy and happier.
Jenn and I were lucky enough to chat with Liz about her advice for new moms (sometimes you just have to leave the kitchen counters alone and take a nap!). We also discussed how she speaks about food and body image with her young daughters, plus how she manages to put out several magazines a month and keep her cool. (Big hint: hire amazing people who want your job!)
Some of our favorite quotes from this ep are …
Podcast Ep 50 Highlights With Liz Vaccariello
- How she makes time for an intense work schedule, her family, and her own health.
- The best piece of advice she ever received about motherhood.
- How to talk to kids about current events.
- The challenges of raising her daughters in the age of social media (one of whom has her own YouTube channel).
- Talking about health and fitness with your kids to set a positive example.
- The need for sleep!
- How she shares the parenting responsibilities with her husband.
- Her “aha moments” regarding posting pictures of her kids on social media.
Follow Parents magazine at their main website, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
Get the episode with Liz Vaccariello here!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
What is the best piece of parenting advice you ever received? Post them in the comments below!—Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!