Cheers! We had a blast talking with photographer, writer, foodie and craft beer expert Lori Rice. You might recognize her name from the amazing recipes on her site Fake Food Free, but today she’s talking about her latest offering — her new book Food on Tap: Cooking with Craft Beer. Lori knows her way around well-crafted beer and has the scoop on how to pair the right beer with your favorite foods … and make your favorite foods with tasty craft beer. (Seriously, y’all are gonna be hungry by the end of this show!)
Lori is an avid traveler and loves to focus on local food and drinks when she visits new locations. She also talks about current trends in craft beers, including sours and more traditional styles like cream ales and brown ales that are coming back into favor. Plus, Lori shares her favorite ways to work out so she can fully enjoy herself on her culinary journeys.
Also, we are thrilled to have podcast sponsor VARIDESK. When it comes to making your workspace as healthy as the rest of your life, well, they’ve got it going on. See all the cool goodies they offer here.
Some of our favorite quotes from Lori Rice in this episode include …
Podcast Episode 59 Highlights With Lori Rice
- The dessert trends she’s seeing around the U.S.
- Her favorite place in the world to visit and what she eats and drinks there
- The best beers for holiday food pairings
- How she developed a love of running — plus how that helps her enjoy her food, drink and travels
- The mental wellness aspect of enjoying certain recipes
- Her favorite recipe for Holiday Cut Out Cookies with Spiced Ale
- Plus, we talk about our favorite places to eat, drink and be merry including Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA and Lanai, HI
Get the episode with Lori Rice here or below!
Where are your foodie destinations? Let us know in the comments below! —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!