Get ready to join the “Fist Bump Family” after learning about the awesomeness that is Millionaire Hoy, a native of the south side of Chicago who gave up his crazy, busy life as a graphic designer (well, a visit to the hospital helped with that decision!) and started teaching boot camp classes in his at-risk neighborhood for free. Because the insanely cold Midwest winters caused his students to move indoors for workouts, he decided to launch a YouTube channel — which now boasts more than 217,000 subscribers!
The enterprising father of five gets up every morning at 4:30 and packs his day with creating video workouts, inspiring his fans to keep on their healthy journey and working on expanding his fitness empire. He talked with FBG Jenn and me about his unusual upbringing, his fitness heroes and the music that inspires to be and do more good in the world. Get ready for some serious inspiration!
We are thrilled to say we are again sponsored by VARIDESK. When it comes to making your workspace as healthy as the rest of your life, well, they’ve got it going on. See all the cool goodies they offer here.
Some of our fave quotes from Millionaire Hoy in this ep include …
Podcast Episode 61 Highlights with Millionaire Hoy
- His incredible journey from a harried graphic designer to YouTube sensation
- How he practiced his workout moves on the sly while working in retail (those large dressing rooms can make for an excellent space!)
- Tips for maintaining a healthy diet when the grocery stores in your neighborhood are lacking in nutritious fare
- The work Millionaire puts into every video including having an option to work at your own level
- The perks of joining his Patreon page
- His favorite spots to enjoy Chicago-style pizza!
- What his musician father taught him about social responsibility
- Plus, Jenn, Kristen and I talk about how we get outside of our comfort zones
Get the episode with Millionaire Hoy here or below!
Who are your fitness heroes? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!