If you have tried (and failed) several times to form a consistent meditation practice, get ready to be inspired by this episode with meditation expert Light Watkins. Light talks to us about his past career as a male model and yoga teacher and how he entered the meditation space to bring his message to more people. (Seriously, we get deep in this episode about how anyone can develop a meaningful meditation practice.)
Light talks about his new book, Bliss More: How to Succeed in Meditation Without Really Trying and his passion for mindfulness. He offers tips for beginning and maintaining a meditation practice and advises us all how to NOT avoid failure and instead embrace your mistakes to pave the way towards future happiness. Plus, we talk about “Monkey Minds,” male body image issues and so much more in this insightful episode.
Get ready to feel more “Zen-ish” than ever!
Our Favorite Quotes from Light Watkins
Podcast Episode 70 Highlights With Light Watkins
- Three reasons why meditation newbies have a hard time (and how to overcome them)
- Why he simply had to write his book
- How his past experience as a model affected his body image and ability to manage rejection (and if that sounds familiar, it’s because he’s not the first model on our show to have those feelings)
- Why our “Amazon Prime Syndrome” is making us unhappy
- How meditation can be your superpower
- The one piece of advice we should all take to heart
- The idea of a paycheck for your soul
- Plus, we talk about our different meditation styles and what inspires us daily
Get the episode with Light Watkins here or below!
What is your meditation practice like? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!