Podcast Ep 73: Fitness & Plant-Based Eating Expert Audrey Dunham
Get ready to meet your newest Lifestyle Blogger BFF, Audrey Dunham! Audrey is a certified nutritionist, fitness trainer and a former fitness competitor. After years of enduring a super strict diet (and not a very healthy one, she admits) and exercise plan, she now wants to educate the world about plant-based nutrition. The food-loving cook and baker has created her own series of health seminars — Plant-Based, Slim Living—Simplified — which is launching at the Hollywood Improv.
In this fun, breezy interview, Audrey talks about her life as the wife of comedian Jeff Dunham and mom to 2-year-old twin boys, Jack and James. Plus, she discusses easy meal prep and intuitive eating, developing a new mindset about working out and making meaningful connections on social media. We also discuss her transition from being Jeff’s constant companion to being an at-home mom, and how she keeps her relationships in check. Really, you will feel like you just met your newest workout bud!
A few of our fave quotes from the interview include …
Podcast Episode 73 Highlights With Audrey Dunham
- Her past experience as a fitness competitor and how the experience fostered a negative association with food and exercise
- Her exercise routine while pregnant with twins and the workouts she did after their birth
- Life on the road with Jeff (and cooking on the tiny kitchen in their tour bus)
- Her expert tips for meal prep (she has a strict rule on when she can put her groceries away after shopping)
- Why she believes anyone can benefit from a more plant-based diet (and tips for meat eaters who want to curb their carnivore ways)
- The basis of your basal metabolic rate and how “yo-yo dieting” affects it
- How she healed her relationship with food by using intuitive eating
- Her super-easy orange marmalade Asian Stir Fry recipe
- What happens at her live shows (and how she plans to take it across the U.S.)
- How sentimental her husband is in real life (Jeff still owns many of his childhood toys!)
- Plus, we FBGs defend social media (it’s how the podcast came together, yo!) and Kristen unwittingly creates a “sports bra challenge” for the FBGs in 2018!
Get the episode with Audrey Dunham here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
What are your favorite plant-based foods? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!
Nice post and nice read very interesting i really like it thanks for share.
i enjoy the information and i simply want to learn more
Comments are closed.