Sia Cooper is a busy mother of two, a certified personal trainer, and a licensed nurse who has helped thousands of women during and after pregnancy with her 12-week online program — The Strong Body Guide. She also happens to be a social media badass with more than 900,000 Instagram followers. (Whoa!)
In this ep, Sia shares advice for moms-to-be on the adjustments they need to make for their workouts during and immediately after their pregnancy, and also offers tips for fitness trainers and instructors who sometimes do not have the latest pre/postnatal workout info. Sia’s fun, relatable approach to fitness and health includes advising women to stop being so hard on themselves about their appearance, which we totally dig. (It’s kind of nice to hear that even fitness social media superstars fall off the clean-eating bandwagon from time to time!)
Here’s one of our fave quotes for the interview …
Podcast Episode 74 Highlights With Sia Cooper
- Her advice for new moms and moms-to-be get in their best shape (and what exercises to cut out during pregnancy)
- Her tips for fitness instructors and personal trainers working with pregnant clients
- The rules she follows for her social media posts
- Dealing with having to wait to exercise postpartum
- The importance of pelvic floor exercises
- The joys and sorrows of working from home
- Her personal fitness heroes (shout out to Jamie Eason here!)
- How she is handling her own personal rut since coming back from a vacation in Hawaii
- Plus, we talk about the joys of Spotify and how you can now listen to us on your Alexa!
Get the episode with Sia Cooper here or below!
What parenting advice did you receive that was — as Sia says — “the biggest load?” —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!