It’s a double dose of fit female power with this ep! We got to know the Fit Chicks, Laura Jackson and Amanda Quinn. This dynamic Canadian duo founded Fit Chicks — Canada’s largest women-only fitness company. It all started in 2008 with a single boot camp class and a handful of attendees, but since then, Laura and Amanda have created retreats, top-selling workout DVDs and nutrition challenges that have helped more than 10,000 women transform their lives and reach their goals. Their crowning joy is the Fit Chicks Academy, a 12-week online program that takes a unique, holistic approach to help women become fitness and nutrition experts.
In addition to sharing some serious insight into marketing and brand-building for entrepreneurs (because, whoa, they’ve nailed it), Laura and Amanda talk about how they each stay in shape with different personal life challenges — as well as the new workouts they are eager to try out. Plus, they offer advice for beginners on finding the motivation to get into the habit of exercising. We know you’re going to love these incredible women just as much as we did.
(And, if you listen to what they have to say and want to learn more, you can sign up for the next Fit Chicks Academy session with our special link just for FBG listeners!)
One of our very favorite quotes from this ep was:
Podcast Episode 95 Highlights With the Fit Chicks
- How Laura and Amanda went from stressful corporate jobs to create a unique fitness brand
- What Fit Chicks Academy teaches (and why you just might want to get this certification under your belt, whether you’re just dipping a toe into fitness as a career or have been at it all your life)
- Why they believe in the importance of hiring a coach to reach your fitness goals — even if you’re a coach yourself
- The benefits of attending a retreat versus a traditional “girlfriends weekend trip”
- Kick-ass marketing advice to help you start your own fitness brand
- Why they are promoting body diversity and age diversity to their instructors
- Plus, Jenn and Kristen talk about how they met the Fit Chicks (and dish about being guests on the Fit Chicks podcast!), plus why we think their accreditation is so awesome.
Get the episode with the Fit Chicks here or below!
What are your best tips for beginners who want to begin a workout regimen? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!