Are you looking to get more more pre- and probiotics in your life? Do you even know the difference? Well, we have you covered in this enlightening interview with nutritionist extraordinaire Ellie Krieger. Ellie is also a spokesperson for Renew Life and shares with us all of the essentials to get your whole self (not just your gut!) healthier. (She likes to think of probiotics as amazing house guests for your body!)
Ellie also dishes on what items you will always find in her fridge and pantry, her favorite go-to meals, the sheer loveliness of chewing, and the one food trend she wishes would go away for good. Plus, we ask her about being at the forefront of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign — and what it was like to be at an event on the White House front lawn. (Spoiler: it’s an amazing feeling!)
Here are our a couple of our fave quotes from Ellie in this interview …
And, just like our last few episodes, we’d like to give a shout-out to our amazing sponsor: Inspire Bath!
All Inspire Bath deodorant sprays and lotions are all-natural, smell great and use simple ingredients to help with body odor — totally free of baking soda, aluminum, oil and parabens. We’ve been using it for months now and it works! If you’re looking for an all-natural beauty line that is good for your body and skin, this is IT. Plus! For every bottle purchased Inspire Bath donates one to help build and empower women and girls at shelters and interim homes at the YWCA in St. Joseph, Missouri, for their domestic shelter and home for women and families. It’s a win-win!
Podcast Episode 102 Highlights With Ellie Krieger
- Why probiotics are essential for your health
- The difference between probiotics and prebiotics — and why you need both
- How many probiotics you should get a day (it’s a lot!)
- Whole-food sources of probiotics and prebiotics
- What you should look for in a probiotic supplement
- The nutrition fad she wishes would go away
- The way of eating she wishes was more mainstream
- What’s usually in her fridge and pantry
- Her favorite go-to meals when she’s crunched for time
- The most surreal moment of her career
- Plus, we talk about our favorite ways to get more probiotics into our lives. (Margo, in particular, is very loyal to a certain drinkable yogurt!)
Get the episode with Ellie Krieger here or below!
What are your favorite ways to incorporate more prebiotics and probiotics into your diet? –Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!