Ready for some hormone talk? In this episode, we chat with hormone health educator Candace Burch, founder of Your Hormone Balance, a consulting and hormone testing practice that helps women of all ages correct hormone imbalances. Because, here’s something you might not realize: hormones can wreak havoc on your health at any age.
Hormones dictate our health in so many ways: mood, heavy periods, weight gain, adrenal fatigue, you name it. Candace’s mission is to educate and guide women toward a safe, natural approach to hormone balance so that they can live their healthiest life.
Her own journey began with a ski injury (really!) and in this episode, she also discusses how food and exercise can affect your mood and health as well.
One of our favorite quotes from this ep include …
Also, a big shout-out to our amazing sponsor Inspire Bath!
All Inspire Bath products (we love the deodorant spray and body lotion you see above) are all-natural, smell great and use simple ingredients to help with body odor — totally free of baking soda, aluminum, oil and parabens. We’ve been using it for months now and it works! If you’re looking for an all-natural beauty line that is good for your body and skin, this is IT. Plus! For every bottle purchased Inspire Bath donates one to help build and empower women and girls at shelters and interim homes at the YWCA in St. Joseph, Missouri, for their domestic shelter and home for women and families. It’s a win-win!
Podcast Episode 107 Highlights With Candace Burch
- What hormones really are — and why it’s so important to have them in balance
- The symptoms of hormone imbalances you should watch for
- What heavy, painful periods and PMS are trying to tell you
- How stress can affect hormones
- Why birth control pills are not the only answer to irregular periods
- How a vitamin D deficiency can affect weight
- How to test your hormone levels and then correct them if needed
- Her personal history with hormones and menopause (she had hot flashes and mood swings every 20 minutes!)
- The importance and function of the adrenal glands
- How high-intensity exercise can affect your hormones
- What you need to know about perimenopause and menopause
- Foods that help balance your hormones (and foods that can help you avoid an imbalance)
- Plus, FBG listeners can get a $50 discount on any of their tests and $100 off their “Weight Balance” package (listen to the show for the code to enter at checkout!)
Get the episode with the Candace here or below!
Do you ever struggle with hormone issues? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!