This ep is just so fresh! We’re talking about business, essential oils, and natural beauty products with Cheryl Mitchell, founder and creator of Miss Doyle’s Soapery and the Inspire Bath & Body products that we’ve been swooning over for months now, ever since Inspire Bath came on as a podcast sponsor.
After surviving three failed business ventures, Cheryl has learned a lifetime’s worth of lessons — and in this ep, she doesn’t hold back on her advice for not only running a successful company, but doing so while maintaining a work/life balance. She also created a charity component for many of her products and finds philanthropy a powerful motivator.
But it’s not all business! We also get into the nitty-gritty of working with essential oils and how natural beauty products work. (She also recently wrote for us about how to use essential oils for health and emotional healing.)
Favorite advice from Cheryl in this ep:
Now, we talk a lot about Inspire Bath in this ep, but we also want to give the company a huge thank you for being such an amazing sponsor.
All Inspire Bath products (we love the deodorant spray and body lotion you see above) are all-natural, smell great and use simple ingredients to help with body odor — totally free of baking soda, aluminum, oil and parabens. We’ve been using it for months now and it works! If you’re looking for an all-natural beauty line that is good for your body and skin, this is IT. Plus! For every bottle purchased Inspire Bath donates one to help build and empower women and girls at shelters and interim homes at the YWCA in St. Joseph, Missouri, for their domestic shelter and home for women and families. It’s a win-win!
Podcast Ep 110 Highlights With Cheryl Mitchell:
- How she got interested in aromatherapy and herbs
- The evolution of her business and how postpartum depression impacted it
- What to look for when shopping for a truly natural beauty and bath product — and why you might want to look more closely at products with “all-natural” claims
- Why alcohol is used in so many beauty products and why it may not be good for you in the long run
- Her biggest business and life lessons, as well as her tips for productivity
- How she invented her own deodorant spray
- Why saying “no” is essential to her self-care
- Tips for getting started in essential oils and products (hint: start with scents you love)
- How long you should run your diffuser (it’s probably shorter than you think)
- Links to help you make your own products at home: Miss Doyle’s Spray Book and Cheryl’s “Miss Doyle’s Soapery” YouTube channel.
- Plus, we talk about our long-term sponsorship, our favorite Inspire Bath scents, and how Cheryl and Jenn found each other
Get the episode with Cheryl Mitchell here or below!
What are your favorite scents and essential oils? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!