Personal trainer and Instagram influencer Morit Summers is on a mission to democratize fitness. Dubbed a 2018 fitness trainer to follow on Instagram by SELF Magazine, Morit is a badass trainer with a plethora of fitness certifications, a brick and mortar gym (Form Fitness in Brooklyn) — and a desire to make the fitness world more inclusive.
We chatted with Morit about how she went from a being a shy, awkward kid who was scared of participating in games in public to someone who finds a workout everywhere she goes. Get ready to feel the love, warmth, and inspiration in this feel-good episode.
One of our favorite Morit quotes:
Podcast Episode 120 Highlights With Morit Summers
- How she’s democratizing fitness by creating a culture of inclusivity at her gym and online
- Her biggest motivation
- How she gets creative in her day-to-day workouts
- The workshops she added to her gym, and how they’re reaching and helping more people
- Her favorite piece of gym equipment
- The biggest lessons she has learned
- What it’s really like to train a celebrity (and the true reason they might have a harder time fitting in workouts versus the rest of us)
- The advice she would give her younger self
- Plus, we talk about the exercises that make us feel like kids
Get the episode with the Morit Summers here or below!
Were there any workouts you were afraid to try when you were younger? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!