This ep has us feeling like ditching our usual athleisure and updating our looks a little — as long as we can do so with some advice from Elysha Lenkin. Elysha is a fashion stylist with a focus on what she calls “intentional style,” and nothing makes her happier than helping someone find their personal style so they can make the most of their wardrobe. She believes that self expression isn’t self-indulgent and that every woman deserves to feel like an absolute rock star every time she walks out the door. And we happen to think that attitude rocks.
In addition to being an in-demand fashionista, Elysha spent years as a yoga instructor which influences the holistic side of her work as a stylist. She is not a huge fan of “fashion rules” and believes if a garment makes you feel good and boosts your confidence, you should go for it.
If you’re looking for ways to update your attire without looking like you’re wearing a costume, this is the show for you. Get ready to feel inspired to step out and own your look!
One of our favorite quotes from Elysha:
Podcast Ep 123 Highlights with Elysha Lenkin:
- What “holistic style” is
- How she became a stylist
- The key to pulling off any look
- Why she feels that what is considered “flattering” should be up to the individual
- How to create the best outfits by just trying things on in your closet
- How to create your own signature style
- The Sunday night ritual she practices
- Her top style icon
- How to get out of a “style rut”
- Plus, we talk about how we each view style and trends in fashion — and we don’t necessarily agree with one another!
Get the episode with the Elysha Lenkin here or below!
What’s your take on fashion as a way of expressing yourself? Do you follow trends and like updating your look? Got a signature style you’ve rocked forever? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!