If you’re looking to increase your circle of friends and create a more connected life, this is the ep for you! Radha Agrawal is the CEO/co-founder and chief community architect of Daybreaker, the innovative early morning dance and wellness movement that takes place in cities around the world. Radha joined us to talk about how and why she created Daybreaker and the advice she gives others finding their community with her book BELONG: Find Your People, Create Community and Live a More Connected Life.
If you are feeling alone and seek more connection in your life, no matter where you live in the world, Radha offers her best advice to combat the “loneliness epidemic.” (We hope listening to our podcast always helps you with that!)
A couple of our fave quotes from this ep:
Podcast Ep 125 Highlights from Radha Agrawal
- How and why she started Daybreaker, and what to expect at one of the events
- Why belonging to some kind of community is important to everyone
- How to make real connections with other when your interactions are online or virtual
- Advice for finding new friends
- Why you need your “five senses friends” and why it’s important to see them in person
- The importance of vulnerability and authenticity in human interaction
- Why the idea of introverts and extroverts is incredibly limiting (and often an incorrect) personality diagnosis
- What constitutes as a DOSE (Dopamine, Oxycontin, Serotonin, and Endorphins)
- How our own age groups (and the marketing around them) are isolating us
- The problem with the “self-help” movement when it comes to combating loneliness
- Plus, we share our own tips for finding community. Oh, and we got a five-star review on iTunes!
Get the episode with Radha Agrawal here or below!
What are your tips for helping someone “belong” to their community better? –Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!