Bernadette Pleasant is an energetic firebrand who is a speaker, healer, dancer, entrepreneur, and creator of the mind-body wellness program Femme! In this emotional ep, Bernadette talks about how she began her career, “emotional spanks,” and more. She cannot help but speak her truth, and gosh, does it ever resonate.
Bernadette believes that movement is an important aspect of learning, which is why her Femme! experiences are body inclusive, providing a safe space for people of all ages, backgrounds and body types to find peace and empowerment while moving with the music to tap into their emotions. She encourages participants to think of it as the one space they can reach down and really express their rage, sorrow, worry, joy and more.
Some of our favorite quotes from Bernadette:
Podcast Ep 127 Highlights with Bernadette Pleasant
- How and why she created her unique 90-minute class Femme! — and why she describes herself as an “emotional tour guide”
- Why this emotion-based class is so personal to her
- Her most emotional class and why it still gives her chills
- How our bodies store emotions — and how movement can help release them
- The importance of keeping her space judgment-free
- How she manages her own emotions to keep her energy high so that she can lead others
- Plus, we talk about how emotional this episode gets and whether or not we have ever cried during a workout.
Get the episode with Bernadette here or below.
Have you ever had an emotional breakthrough while working out? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!