Podcast Ep 130: Geneen Roth, ‘This Messy Magnificent Life’
Geneen Roth established herself as a pioneer in the self-care world with her early books on intuitive eating including When Food Is Love, Lost and Found and Women Food and God. In her newest work — This Messy Magnificent Life: A Field Guide to Mind, Body, and Soul, she focuses on helping people free themselves from anxiety, lack and discontent. (First lesson — stop complaining!)
She shares so much wisdom on how to enjoy life more and worry less — which is something we could all work on, right?
Our favorite quotes from Geneen:
Podcast Episode 130 Highlights With Geneen Roth
- Her own experience with weight issues and how that struggle actually served her
- How the “crazy aunt on your back” voice makes you suffer
- Her new book, This Messy Magnificent Life, and how it is about more than food and weight issues
- The importance of “morning thoughts”
- Why complaining isn’t a conversation
- Her tips for becoming more aware of our bodies and thoughts
- Why trying to heal body shame by dieting is like running away from the problem
- The ways in which her life is messy — and magnificent
- Plus, we talk about Geneen’s “complain less” tip and share how that’s going for each of us
Get the episode with the Geneen Roth here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
Do you think you go complaint-free for a day? How about longer? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!