Feeling a little anxiety lately? You’re not the only one. From big issues like climate change and politics to more personal stress-inducers like deciding what to make for dinner tonight, well, it might feel like we have no choice but to get stressed.
Or do we? Today’s guest, New York Times best-selling author Sarah Knight talks about how to do just that with her book, “Calm the Fuck Down: How to Control What You Can and Accept What You can’t So You Can Stop Freaking Out About Your Life.”
By breaking down the different “phases of freaking out” and offering strategies to avoid potential meltdowns, Sarah offers practical tips and solutions for bringing more calmness into your life. And really, who wouldn’t benefit from a little more of that?
Our favorite quote from Sarah:
Podcast Ep 132 Highlights With Sarah Knight
- The most important question you can ask yourself when it comes to anxiety
- How to use the “Sarah Knight Shitstorm Scale”
- A simple and concrete way to stop people-pleasing
- Why many of us are afraid that saying no or setting boundaries will hurt others — and, more importantly, why it won’t actually do that
- The difference between helpful worrying and non-productive worrying
- The importance of “mental decluttering”
- The “what/why” method and how it can change your life
- How people/media in different countries respond to her frequent use of curse words
- Plus, we offer a “cursing disclaimer” and talk about our approaches to saying no. Also, can we talk about why we hate being told to “calm the fuck down?” It’s universal!
Get the episode with the Sarah Knight here or below!
What helps you to calm the fuck down? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!