A note to our dear listeners: this episode was recorded before the COVID-19 pandemic changed, well, everything. We’re sharing it today in the hopes that it offers a little break to the endless news cycle and adds some levity to a time when it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Stay safe, stay home, and stay well, all. We love you!
They say if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. Well, we can’t think of anyone busier than author, interior designer, and lifestyle expert Lisa Canning (she’s a friend of the Property Brothers — woot!) — who also happens to be the mother of eight kids. (Actually, it was seven at the time of the interview. Like we said, she likes to be busy!)
Lisa talks about her book The Possibility Mom: How to be a Great Mom and Pursue Your Dream at the Same Time, offering her advice for reclaiming more “me time” and achieving your goals while remaining sane. Mom or no, we could all use those tips, right?
Our favorite quote from Lisa Canning:
Podcast Ep 136 Highlights with Lisa Canning
- What it’s like to manage her day with such a large family
- Her minivan epiphany
- How trying to be the perfect mom and career drove her to her lowest point
- What a “Possibility Mom” is (and how to become one)
- How she delegates so many tasks
- Her best advice for working moms
- Low-cost ways to get in self-care
- The power of visualization and how she has reprogrammed her brain to respond to challenging and stressful parenting moments
- Plus, Jenn (who had twin girls since we recorded this interview!) talks about her “messy mom moments”
Get the episode with Lisa Canning here or below!
How do you schedule/manage your day? –Margo