We Can’t Get Enough Of This Turmeric Rice
Are you looking for the perfect side dish that adds a huge pop of flavor (and color!) to basically any main dish you’re making?
If so, we have it for you today. (And, if not, you should still read on because this recipe is AWESOME.)
Say hello to Turmeric Rice — your new SDBF.
(AKA: Side dish best friend.)
We’ve had this turmeric rice alongside pot roast. We’ve had it with curry (obviously). We’ve had it with stir-fry. We’ve had it with roasted chicken. We’ve had alongside veggies and fish. We’ve even had it in salads!
The only way we haven’t had it is as dessert, but now that we’re thinking about it, we could probably whip it into a rice pudding and still love it.
So, yeah. It does everything. And, it’s naturally gluten-free. Make a big pot of turmeric rice tonight, and enjoy it with all the foods, all week long!
Turmeric Rice Recipe
The easiest and tastiest side dish that goes with virtually everything: turmeric rice!
1 tbsp ghee or butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 c Jasmin rice
1 1/2 c water
1. Heat ghee/butter over medium heat until melted.
2. Add in salt and spices and cook until slightly toasted, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds to a minute).
3. Add in rice, stirring to combine. Cook another minute while stirring constantly.
4. Add water and bring to a boil.
5. Cover, turn heat to a low simmer, and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is fluffy and done. Enjoy with all the things!
And here is the Turmeric Rice recipe in an easy-to-print format!
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 c Jasmin rice
- 1 1/2 c water
- Heat ghee/butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add in salt and spices and cook until slightly toasted, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds to a minute).
- Add in rice, stirring to combine. Cook another minute while stirring constantly.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to a low simmer, and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is fluffy and done. Enjoy with all the things!
Do you have a go-to recipe that makes your weeks easier and tastier? Do tell in the comments! —Jenn
The best I read till date!!
This recipe is quick and easy to make.
I always like your article because you have provide every time informative post..Thanks!
I love turmeric rice!! Could this be made with basmati rice?
Phlanx’s Marketing Specialist
I think so! Just adjust the cooking times based on the package of your rice. 🙂
I live in India, but trust me, while I was searching for a turmeric rice recipe on the internet I came across this recipe , I cooked it the way & with the ingredients given here and it tasted so yummy, such a natural & healthy recipe really. A big thumbs up for this recipe. Thanks a lot
nice recipe .. thank you for sharing it here
this seems healthy, quick and easy. Thank you for sharing.
I’m a huge fan of Turmeric! I take turmeric daily and use it in my cooking, just not rice, until now- great recipe!
In winter Turmeric Rice is one of the best choices in our family, So, this article is excited me well. I have gone through-hole of the article to get its value. I recommended the best article it is. I suggested all viewers read the whole article to get value.
This food is amazing
Comments are closed.