When Do You Work Out?

As I discussed Monday, one of my greatest workout dilemmas is figuring out the best time of day to fit it in. I consider early morning workouts to be evil, but I know they work for some people. I tend to fit it in during the late afternoons, and on occasion, after dinner once I’ve digested a bit. What works best for you?

• Morning. I’m an early bird, and I flap my wings early.
  • During the day. When the sun is high, so is my energy.
  • Late afternoon or early evening. I race to beat the sunset.
  • Late evening. I wear myself out before I hit the hay.
  • The wee hours between midnight and 6 a.m. If you choose this answer, you must comment and explain.

β€”Erin

FTC disclosure: We often receive products from companies to review. All thoughts and opinions are always entirely our own. Unless otherwise stated, we have received no compensation for our review and the content is purely editorial. Affiliate links may be included. If you purchase something through one of those links we may receive a small commission. Thanks for yourΒ support!

Comments

1. Michelle says:

I am neither a morning person or a night person. Mid morning (10:00) is the best time of day for me. Unfortunately since I can’t work out then (darn job) I force myself to work out at 5 am, mostly because I hate the 2 shower thing. =p

2. GroundedFitness says:

I work out in the evening. Im suprised that early morning beat out evening. I just cant do it. it takes me a while to wake up. hopping out of bed and working out just doesnt mesh well with my body.

Kelly Turner

3. Lori says:

No option for me. I work out at all different times. Routine completely kills my motivation. Some days it is the morning, some days mid-morning or early afternoon and others at night.

I just have to keep things interesting and take advantage of when I am in the mood or I’ll get bored!

4. the sits girls says:

It’s fun to see how other people work it into their day. Everyone is so different!

5. m says:

I prefer the early morning! Get the engine revved up! Varoooom!

6. DomestiGals says:

I normally work out with my trainer, whom I refer to as Colossus, in the afternoon or evening. But I prefer the morning myself… especially before I’m not quite conscious πŸ™‚ Cheers! Jen

7. Juliet says:

Always at night! I wish I could get my lazy butt out of bed to go to the gym before I have to go to work, but it never works. The sleepy me doesn’t ever think it is important enough to wake up to work out… πŸ™‚ Good survey question!!

8. Marcy says:

Morning most def! BUT I do all my cross training at night. For whatever reason I’m ok with getting up early to run but not to cross train?!? LOL

9. Andrew says:

What if you run in the morning and lift weights in the evening?