What’s Your Fave Halloween Treat?

With Hallow’s Eve just a mere two weeks away, I can only think of one thing: candy. (Dressing up as a witch and scaring young children takes a close second.) While I don’t recommend a full-outsugar binge (been there, done that and you will feel like hell if you do, too), the FBGs do preach all things in moderation. So today, we turn the question over to you. What sweet treat are you looking more forward to? I personally like the mini chocolate bars and candy corn (not together though), and I despise those peanut butter taffy things that are wrapped in black and orange wrappers (technically called “Peanut Kisses,” but that makes me think of Hershey Kisses, which I adore). But, really, there are few candies that I met and didn’t like. How about you?

• The traditional Halloween standbys: candy corn, mellocreme pumpkins, peanut kisses, etc.
  • All things chocolate: bite-sized candy bars, Hershey Kisses and everything else involving cocoa.
  • Fruit-flavored delicacies: single servings of Skittles, Starburst or any other sort of gummy yummy.
  • Healthy fare: apples, 100-calorie bags of light popcorn, quarters, floss or anything not edible.
  • None: Halloween scares me! I avoid all of it!

Jenn

Comments

1. Erica says:

Apples? Gotta have something a little sweet every once in a while 🙂 I like fruity sugary things vs. chocolate. What about you miss Jenn?

2. Marcy says:

Skittles and Starburst FOR SURE!! Love love love em!

3. GroundedFitness says:

chocolate for sure.

do you remember thos disgusting waxy caramel/peanut butter chewy candy things that come in either orange or black wrappers? i dont even know what the brand is because it doesnt have them on the wrapper. i hate those things. i always dreaded getting those and tried to trade them with my sister. didnt work.

Kelly Turner

4. MizFit says:

candycorn.
    candycorn.

CANDY CORN.

oooh and the candy kelly said she hated.

I LOVED THOSE 🙂

5. Jenn says:

I go back and forth between the candy corn and the chocolate and gummi things. Okay, so I love almost everything. lol.

And, oh my gosh, I did so much research on those black and orange candies, and they’re technically called “peanut kisses.” And, as displayed here, people either love them or hate them. I’m on the dislike side. 🙂

6. Sagan says:

I’m a chocolate girl. Love the little mini chocolate bars.

The lady who lived across the street from me growing up used to make the BEST caramel popcorn balls. Yummy.

7. Usman Pasha Siddiqui says:

Candy apple

8. determinedtobefit says:

I’m with MizFit. I love candy corn so much that I eat it off season too. I only like Brach’s brand though.

I love the pumpkins too but I prefer Farley’s for those and I haven’t found them in any store yet this season. I suppose that is a good thing. *Sigh*

9. WeightingGame says:

can you believe I’ve NEVER tried one of those taffy things in the black and orange wrappers?! I love 100 Grand Bars the best! And Butterfingers. And candy corn. I need to go trick or treating this year.

10. Bridget says:

I am typically a chocolate girl, but I love candy corn! Candy Corn mixed with peanuts= tastes just like a Payday…delicious!

11. Anonymous says:

I LOOOOVE the Peanut butter kisses! (But I’m OK with the fact that others hate them.)

They’re like salt-water taffy with peanut butter middles….yummy. I used to get soooo many of them because I despise coconut. “One Almond Joy or Mounds bar for all your weird orange and black things?” Awh, yeah, it always works.

I love Halloween!

12. CDlover says:

Mmmm…I LOVE talking about Halloween candy!!! I love it all – minus the weird things Kelly was talking about – but candy corn and everything chocolate are my faves. Really, the ONLY candy I don’t like is Almond Joy. Every other candy – game ON.