The following is a post sponsored by Benefiber. For our sponsored post policy, click here.
Remember how I “tricked” my friends into a healthy fiber-rich brunch a few weeks ago? Well, seems that I’m not the only one … Chef Richard Blais does it, too! Talk about being in good company. I’m a huge Richard Blais fan! Loved him on Top Chef, and it’s been so fun to see his career take off from there. So when we got these delicious and fiber-filled holiday cooking tips to jump-start our holiday season from him and Benefiber, well, three words: Had. To. Share.
After all, fiber is one of the most important parts in everyone’s diet and it’s easy to forget to have your daily recommended amount, especially during the holiday season. But, by incorporating Benefiber in your holiday eats, you can keep your friends and family on track, and —bonus — they won’t even taste the difference.
Chef Richard Blais’ Holiday Cooking Tips
1. Plan ahead. Organize your menu and grocery list ahead of time to avoid last minute dashes to the grocery store the day of. Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of Benefiber!
2. Organize the kitchen. Take inventory of your refrigerator and throw out anything you don’t need to make room for fresh produce and vegetable platters.
3. Incorporate fruits and veggies that are in season. Using the season’s abundance of fresh produce will add a little zest to your dish of choice without taking too much from your wallet. For added fiber, mix in Benefiber to help you and your guests reach your daily intake!
4. A little seasoning can go a long way. A great way to cut back on the salt without sacrificing flavor is by substituting for your favorite herbs and spices. You don’t want your food to be tasteless — only your added Benefiber.
5. Serve dinner buffet style. Set the food in one area and invite guests to select what they want to eat. It will be more fun for your guests to move around and interact with each other around the buffet table.
How does a $100 AmEx gift card plus some Benefiber of your own sound to help make your holiday menu a success? Awesome? We thought so, too. Share how you’d use $100 and Benefiber this holiday cooking season in the comments below, and we’ll select a random lucky U.S. reader to win in about a week. The winner will be notified via email and in the comments.
Oh, oh! And stay tuned for tomorrow when we share Richard’s Horchata Smoothie recipe! —Jenn