How do you kick off a New Year with a bang that’s better than a bottle of bubbly being uncorked? You talk to THE Jillian Michaels, that’s how!
And, seriously, we totally and absolutely geeked out at talking to Jillian. We managed to catch her while she was promoting her new book Yeah Baby! and asked tons about fitting in exercise with a busy family life (which, um, was perfect since I was doing the interview in my car with Gwen in the backseat — she does her very own podcast bomb about 24 minutes in), the joys of being pregnant (and the fitness perks!) and how to learn to do it all … but not in the perfect way.
Here are a few quotes on that …
As if that wasn’t exciting enough, we also have a podcast sponsor: Harmless Harvest! Harmless Harvest is an organic coconut water company that is fair for life fair trade certified, sustainable and completely delicious. They have a new 32-ounce bottle which is perfect for cooking and smoothies. (As you’ll hear in the ep, we simply love the rosé color!)
Podcast Episode 17 Highlights With Jillian Michaels
- What motherhood taught her about fitting in time to work out and setting new priorities
- The extensive research she did about prenatal, pregnancy and postnatal health, and how pregnancy is actually good for you
- How kids help you confront your shortcomings (in a good way!)
- The most common toxins we are all exposed to each day
- How her training philosophy changed after having kids
Plus Margo, Kristen and I talk about our favorite “Jillian moments” and smoothie recipes and ingredients. It’s a good one, guys.
Get the episode with Jillian Michaels here or below!
What’s your fave Jillian moment? Is it too soon to ask her to come back on the show again? —Jenn