Are you ready to learn a little bit more about your four-legged family members? Just in time for Fit Bottomed Pets Week (which starts TODAY!), we are talking with the totally amazing Dr. Jessica Vogelsang (aka Dr. V) of Pawcurious about her book All Dogs Go to Kevin and her best tips for pet owners.
Dr. V also talks about how important it is to prepare a pet for your growing family — and how kids need to be taught about interacting in a positive way with the family pet. (People, stop having your kids sit on the dog! It is NOT fun for them and can lead to a really horrible outcome). Plus, she shares how her Golden Retriever helped her through a bout of postpartum depression.
Here are a few of our favorite quotes from Dr. V in this ep …
Podcast Episode 27 Highlights With Dr. V
- The inspiration for her first book, All Dogs Go to Kevin
- The lessons she has learned from pets that helped with her social awkwardness
- Tips for prepping a dog for a growing family and recognizing signs of aggression
- Advice for helping pet owners to enrich their pets’ lives even more
- Developing your pet intuition, especially when it comes to recognizing when they’re in pain
- What she thinks about the grain-free pet food trend gaining in popularity
- The plethora of bad advice on the internet from so-called pet experts who are not vets
- The importance of vaccinating your pets (for parvo in particular)
Also in this episode, Margo, Jenn and Kristen discuss the pets in their lives and why being a pet owner is the best thing in the world!
Get the episode with Dr. V here or below!
Do you have a special connection with your pets? Tell us about it in the comments below! —Margo