Podcast Episode 33: Sierra Quitiquit
Our newest podcast ep features a woman who is equal parts stunning and inspiring. Sierra Quitiquit is a professional skier who flies down wicked mountains, as well as a high fashion model who struts in high heels on runways around the globe. Seriously — this woman knows how to live life to the fullest.
The documentary based on her life — a coming of age story showing how she’s smashing stereotypes about athletes and models — is called How Did I Get Here. And, boy, she sure leads quite an adventure-filled and inspiring life! Sierra gets brutally honest in this interview as we discuss everything from family heartbreak to global warming to finding mentors in the competitive world of skiing.
Some words of wisdom from Sierra you will catch in this ep…
Podcast Episode 33 Highlights With Sierra Quitiquit
- How Sierra manages to be successful in two disparate careers (skiing and modeling) in spite of the competition and pressure in both
- Having family members who struggle with addiction issues
- Dealing with the high scrutiny in the fashion world
- The patriarchy that controls the skiing industry
- Her experience auditioning for America’s Next Top Model and having a guest spot on Portlandia
- DIY beauty tips that work in high altitudes
- How she uses social media to mentor younger women
Follow Sierra on her social media channels Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Also in this episode, Jenn, Kristen and I talk about our total lack of dangerous hobbies, the time I took a trapeze lesson for FBG, our favorite inspiring films and how we really feel about being featured in the media.
Get the episode with Sierra Quitiquit here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
How do you handle life’s challenges? What helps your boost your mood when you need it? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at advertising@fitbottomedgirls.