Are you ready for triple the usual inspiration? Check out this ep with the totally motivating Meredith Atwood of Swim Bike Mom who’s ready to help anyone who’s even just a teensy bit interested in triathlon get out and swim, bike and run.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “Triathlon? Me? No way! I could never!” then this is still an interview you’ve gotta hear. Meredith went from being a self-described overweight mom and overworked lawyer with zero energy to someone who regularly competes in triathlons — including four full Ironman triathlons.
In addition to competing in races around the country, writing her Swim Bike Mom blog, raising a family and having a busy law career, Meredith is a triathlon coach, has her own line of tri gear for women of all sizes (Tri*Fe) and hosts her own podcast The Same 24 Hours. Whew!
Our favorite quotes from Meredith in this ep:
Podcast Episode 35 Highlights With Meredith Atwood
- How she went from being overweight and depressed to a USA Triathlon Coach
- What it’s like to take on an Ironman triathlon … four times
- The “magical Spin class” that got her on the road to healthy living
- The best races for newbies
- Her “sucky rotation schedule” she uses while training
- Tips for communicating better with spouse and kids while training
- How daily mantras help with mood and mindset
- Her Swim Bike Mom post on what you need for your first triathlon
Also in this episode, the we host our own version of “AMA” and get Kristen to answer every question we’ve ever had about triathlon. Careful — you just might find yourself inspired to sign up for a race by the end of this ep!
Get the episode with Meredith Atwood!
Have you participated in a triathlon? If not, what’s holding you back? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at advertising@fitbottomedgirls.