It’s time to be utterly charmed by the lovely accent of today’s Fit Bottomed Girls Podcast interview with “Irish” Greg McQuaid. Greg spent many years on San Francisco radio and became famous on air as a proud ex-smoker who took up marathon running to break up with a terrible habit.
He is now on the board of Breathe California, a charity that fights lung disease and protects lung health. To raise money and awareness for this great group, he is running a full 26.2-mile marathon every week in 2017.
This is not cumulative mileage. It’ll be one full marathon every single week!
Some quotes from Greg McQuaid in this inspiring ep …
Podcast Episode 34 Highlights With Greg McQuaid
- Greg’s impetus to quit smoking after picking up the habit at the age of 15 in Ireland
- How he trains for a marathon every weekend
- His favorite running gear and new love of massages
- How ultramarathoner Dean Karnazez (a personal friend of Greg’s) mentors his training
- How he learned to bring more hydration into his runs
- The difference between street and trail running
- The official marathons he plans to do around the world
Also in this episode, Jenn, Kristen and Margo offer their favorite new(ish) workout tunes!
Jenn’s Favorite Workout Tunes of Late:
Kristen’s Favorite Workout Tunes of Late:
Margo’s Favorite Workout Tunes of Late:
Get the episode with Greg McQuaid here or below!
Have you ever attempted an intense physical challenge? Tell us about it in the comments below! —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at advertising@fitbottomedgirls.