Excelling in roles as varied as the chilly Lara Axelrod on Showtime’s Billions to the hilarious Dr. Valerie Flame on Comedy Central’s Children’s Hospital, Malin Akerman might be most famous for her badassery as Silk Spectre in 2009’s Watchman, which required her to get in the best shape of her life by working out with a hardcore former Navy SEAL! We had an easy and breezy chat with the super down-to-earth mom about her favorite health and beauty tips, plus how she’s finding the time to plan her upcoming wedding to actor Jack Donnelly.
Swedish born, Toronto-raised Malin grew up with a health-conscious mom who ran a health food store and gave her inside information on good nutrition at a young age. Malin began her career as a teen model where she experienced many of the pitfalls of dealing with intense scrutiny about her looks and body. These days she is more interested in having the energy to play with her son than starving herself to fit into samples sizes — and she has plenty of advice on how to achieve Hollywood-level glamor with ease in this really fun ep. Enjoy!
Our fave quotes from Malin include …
Podcast Episode 65 Highlights With Malin Akerman
- Her unique health conscious childhood and the “green” yogurt her mom made for her
- The workouts she does now, plus how training for a role is different than training for life
- Her best tips for looking fresh after a sweat session at the gym
- Her easy-to-follow healthy beauty routines
- Her past life as a model and how this affected her body image (as well as her shift in thinking since then)
- The adorable song she listens to with her son Sebastian every morning to start their day
Get the episode with Malin Akerman here or below!
What is your favorite beauty tip? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!