We get a little artsy in this episode talking with the incredibly talented jewelry designer Vanessa Lianne. Vanessa uses recycled metals and ethically-sourced stones in her handcrafted jewelry, which she describes as “delicate armor.” With celebrity fans including Lorde and Lena Dunham, Vanessa’s jewelry is designed to empower the women who wear it.
One of her signature pieces is a series of mantra signet rings featuring mantras carefully chosen by the wearer. In 2017, Vanessa began hosting workshops based on these best-selling mantra pinky rings, which are meant to be worn every day as a symbol and reminder of the wearer’s intention. In this episode, she talks about some of her favorite mantras from workshop attendees, the process of choosing these personal mantras, and how these workshops have transformed her own life. Plus, she talks about the importance of learning where and how your jewelry is made and why she can’t resist working with imperfect stones.
One of our favorite quotes from Vanessa:
Podcast Episode 119 Highlights from Vanessa Lianne:
- The reason she calls her jewelry “delicate armor”
- How jewelry can be an expression of yourself
- Her creative process and where she finds inspiration
- Her best tips for buying jewelry as a gift
- The big name celebs who are fans of her jewelry (even wearing her pieces on magazine covers!)
- The unique way she collects stones and why she especially loves the imperfect one
- How your purchases can make a huge impact on the jewelry industry
- Plus, Jenn & Kristen talk about how they met Vanessa and share the mantras on their pinky rings
Get the episode with the Vanessa Lianne here or below!
What is your mantra — and how would you display that on a signet ring? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!