★MomStars: Alison Sweeney Shares Her Tips!
We’re big fans of Alison Sweeney. We even named her Fit Bottomed Mama of 2011! A mom of two who is committed to a healthy lifestyle (um, she just ran a marathon in 4.5 hours!) and is a rockstar at her career—host of The Biggest Loser, Sami on Days and now Hollywood Girls Night on the TV Guide Network—she pretty much embodies what being a Fit Bottomed Mama is! We recently had the opportunity to chat with her about her recent partnership with Yoplait Light to spread the message that making small changes in a person’s everyday life can make a big difference. It’s a philosophy we’re totally behind (har har)!
Interview with Alison Sweeney
- FBG: You’re a busy mom and actor. How do you make time for workouts?
- AS: It’s all about planning ahead. I look at my schedule for the next day and figure out when I can fit in a workout, and then I put it in my calendar, and pack my gym bag so that I’m ready to go. I take it seriously, and have it in my priorities just like any other meeting or appointment.
- FBG: What are a few of your favorite healthy swaps for not-so-healthy foods?
- AS: Well for me, the perfect example is my weakness in the bakery aisle—Red Velvet cake. My mom’s is the best, but I am always tempted…the Red Velvet Cake Yoplait Light is so delicious, it totally satisfies that craving for me, and saves me 300 calories while I’m at it!
- FBG: What’s your favorite Yoplait flavor?
- AS: Raspberry Lemonade. Refreshing and tasty.
- FBG: You recently trained and completed a marathon. (Go you!) First, why? And second, how did you find the time? Any tips you can share?
- AS: BLers who have run the BL marathon…it is such an achievement, and I have seen them cross that finish line with such pride…I thought…I should do this. So, the changes in my body were really a side effect. I was psyched, don’t get me wrong, but that wasn’t why I did it, if that makes sense.
- FBG: Tell us about Hollywood Girls Night. How did it come about and what has the experience of filming it been like?
AS: Well, Ali Landry and I really loved our Supper Club night with our celeb friends. We have so much fun, and it’s such a nice way to get to know each other better. The more we thought about it, the clearer it was, especially the reaction we were getting from our friends on Twitter, wanting to do their own girls nights, etc. We thought the show would really appeal to other women. So we included the prep—tips on us getting the meals ready, our themes, etc.—and we’ve had such a positive response from all the women who’ve been a part of our evenings. We loved the filming…it was such fun. Everyone’s laughing, having fun and really connecting. We loved shooting it.
- FBG: In Hollywood, everyone seems to be thin, fit and gorgeous. How do you deal with the pressure?
- AS: It does seem that way, doesn’t it? I guess I don’t really think about it. I know that’s like a cop out. I focus on the ideals of our show, and the lifestyle we support at The Biggest Loser and work hard to incorporate that into my own life. I think ultimately, those are the important values—balance, health, fitness…taking care of ourselves so we can be around with our loved ones!
Ah, she’s a breath of fit air! We love her take on all things health. Any other Ali Sweeney fans out there? —Jenn