There are so many new gluten-free snacks out right now! It’s like everywhere we turn, there’s something fresh and totally foodie to try. And whether you’re having to eat gluten-free or not, they are delicious! Here are seven new gluten-free snacks we were sent that we’ve loved snacking on — and think you will, too!
7 New Gluten-Free Snacks to Try
1. Mary’s Gone Crackers Sticks & Twigs Pretzels. Missing out on pretzels when you’re gluten-free? These uniquely light and crunchy pretzels help fill that void. While they’re definitely healthier tasting than your traditional pretzel (if you dislike “health food,” these may not be for you), these are filled with brown rice, quinoa, amaranth and millet, as well as flax, sesame and chia seeds. Naturally containing omega 3s, fiber and protein, try ’em plain or in Curry or Chipotle Tomato. We like these best dipped in guac!
2. Organic Little Crunchies. Who knew something as simple as freeze-dried fruit could be so delicious? Little Crunchies just came out with a new kid-friendly line of Strawberries, Strawberries & Bananas, Apples & Bananas, and Strawberries & Mangoes (our fave) — but don’t be fooled. These gluten-free snacks aren’t just for the kids. With just the right amount of sweetness, citrus and crunch (without being hard or tough), this is the best way to eat fruit without it, you know, coming straight off the fruit tree!
3. GoPicnic Ready-to-Eat Snack. If you loved those prepackaged snacks and meals as a kid, you’ll love GoPicnic’s Ready-to-Eat Snacks. Offered in lots of gluten-free options like Almond Butter & Multigrain Crackers and Black Bean Dip & Tortilla Chips, these non-GMO snacks are great when you’re on the go and needs some eats on the double.
4. thinkThin Lean Protein & Fiber. thinkThin is one of the best-known gluten-free protein bars out there, and it’s new slimmed down Lean Protein & Fiber bar has all the delicious taste you’re used to from thinkThin, but in a smaller size (150 calories per bar) and with 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. In the flavors Chocolate Almond Brownie, Chunky Chocolate Peanut, Salted Caramel, Honey Drizzle Peanut and Cinnamon Bun White Chocolate, believe us that you’ll want to try the Salted Caramel and Cinnamon Bun White Chocolate. They’re all good, but those really, really stood out as a new favorite gluten-free snack!
5. Nutiva O’Coconut Hemp & Chia. If you’ve also fallen in love with all things coconut … and chia … and hemp … like we have, then this new gluten-free snack is a sweet dream come true. With just 60 calories in each little bite-sized treat, these are made from lightly sweetened organic coconut flakes (each contains 1.5 teaspoons of coconut oil) plus the superfood powers of hemp and chia. We are obsessed with these! Great to end a meal, satisfy a sugar craving or even as a pre- or post-workout snack!
6. Live Love Pop Popcorn. Yes, popcorn isn’t exactly a new concept on the gluten-free snack front, but how about Truffle Salt or Lime Fresco popcorn? Oh, yeah. That’s exactly what Live Love Pop has going on, and they’re not shy with the flavor. The Truffle Salt is heavy on the truffle (we actually loved mixing this kind with the Sea Salt flavor for just enough truffle flavor but not too much), and the Lime Fresco is curiously refreshing and savory (think lime tortilla chips but airy). A new gluten-free snack foodie favorite for sure!
7. Quest Protein Chips. These protein chips have been all the rage over social media lately it seems, and we can see why! With 21 grams of protein and just 120 calories per one-bag serving and no soy (made with whey protein), this gluten-free snack satisfies the crunch you want — and has enough protein to keep you feeling full. Light and airy, they do have a bit of an aftertaste, but if you’re a fan of the other Quest products, you’ll probably dig these, too. (Cheddar and Sour Cream was our fave flavor by far!)
And don’t forget, some of the best gluten-free snacks of all are your whole unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, lean proteins and healthy fats! —Jenn