Ready for a simply wonderful Christmas dish?
Apples are a favorite food with my family, and adding them to just about anything guarantees everyone — kids included — will clean their plates. So, every holiday season, I prepare some type of chicken apple entrée for my family.
This year, I’m going with my traditional apple chicken recipe … and I don’t expect to see much in the way of leftovers!
Apple Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup (or more) apple juice OR ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ stick butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Wash off chicken with cold water.
- Line the bottom of a glass pan with thin layers of butter, garlic and onion powder.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Let cook for 45 minutes then remove from oven.
- Pour desired amount of apple slices and applesauce over the chicken.
- (Or if you’d like to substitute the applesauce, you could do so with apple juice. Pour a ½ cup of apple juice into bottom of pan and place back into oven for 45 additional minutes to an hour.)
- Serve over a bed of rice. And enjoy!
Do you have a go-to ingredient that your whole family loves? —Sheletha