Podcast Ep 68: Fit Couple Cooks’ Adam Bannon
Does meal prep sound like a lot of, er, prep to you? Well, our latest podcast ep with YouTube star Adam Bannon proves that healthy eating meal prep doesn’t have to take up half your weekend downtime. In fact, Adam and his wife, Stef, created their own channel — Fit Couple Cooks — that combines their passion for cooking and fitness with weekly videos talking about meal prep and healthy living that are shared with their 400,000 fans (!).
Adam joined us for a spirited conversation, sharing his tips for meal prep that won’t bust your budget or take several hours to complete — plus, the best kitchen gear to have on hand to ensure success. We also digress about the fruit he misses from his native homeland, Australia — it’s one we have here, but it’s nowhere near the same thing. Plus we get the scoop on their new book, Healthy Meal Prep!
Our favorite quotes from Adam include …
Podcast Episode 68 Highlights with Fit Couple Cooks’ Adam Bannon
- His tips for how to meal prep in less than two hours (which sets you up for success for the whole week)
- How to keep food costs down in general
- The essential kitchen items you need on hand to plan successfully
- What it’s like to create a YouTube channel with your spouse
- Best practices for storing food in the fridge, pantry and freezer
- His favorite recipes from their book and their fan’s favorites
- The special wedding vows they promised one another (yes, they have to do with cooking!)
- Plus, the FBGs rhapsodize about the salad bar at Whole Foods
Get the episode with Adam Bannon here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
What are your top meal-prep tips? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!