Prepare to feel peaceful with Bee Bosnak, a healer, yoga teacher, meditation expert, mentor, and creator of the Heal Yourself Method, which combines science and spirituality to help practitioners take charge of their lives. She teaches this method all over the world; in fact, Jenn and Kristen had the chance to experience it for themselves at the 109 Women’s Empowerment Retreat in 2018, and knew immediately that Bee would be an amazing podcast guest.
In this ep, we discuss her Vipassana meditation practice (which literally means “insight” or “clear seeing” and is intended to allow you to look at things as they really are without judgment, argument or interpretation). She takes an annual 10-day sabbatical dedicated to this practice and during this time, there is no technology, no yoga, no writing, no reading and no form of communication including speaking. (Curious as to what that’s really like? We were too!)
Self-described as a “modern witch,” Bee can read your tarot cards, check your palms for vibration and is an intuitive psychic healer — talk about a woman of many talents! And if you listen to this and find yourself wanting an opportunity to work with her yourself, you’ve got a few options:
- Practice with her online
- Sign up for her next Stay: The Course, a four week live meditation program beginning Dec 7
- Join her on her Bali retreat April 11-18, 2020
And, of course, you’ll definitely want to listen up to this ep, because Bee is extremely forthcoming with her tips for tuning into the self-care you need and finding more peace and balance in your life. (Even just listening to her voice is sure to sooth you. Seriously.)
Our favorite quotes from Bee:
Podcast Ep 126 Highlights from Bee Bosnak
- What vipassana meditation is and what is its purpose
- What it is like to go completely silent and tech-free for 10 hours every day for 10 straight days
- Developing an understanding of every sensation as part of the technique
- How the harmonium (an instrument Bee uses in her classes) helps us to experience bliss and awe
- The ability to focus on life in the here and now
- Why she sees herself as a “modern witch”
- Why she keeps a “white space” in her schedule every week (and doesn’t budge on it)
- The reasons why traveling to a retreat does more for you than studying within your area
- The benefit of having multiple teachers
- Plus, we talk about how we met Bee — and whether or not we could take an “electronics sabbatical”
Get the episode with Bee here or below!
Does spending 10 days in silence appeal to you? Sound scary? Maybe a little of both? –Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!