What’s Your Favorite Eat-Healthy Chain Restaurant?

Credit: powerbooktrance

Without a doubt, my favorite chain restaurant for healthy options is Panera Bread. Sure, you can order some fantastically high-calorie options there (the brownies are amazing, but trouble!), but they’ve also got amazing soups and salads that are delish and won’t rob the calorie bank. As companies try to healthify their menus to make customers happy, a number of restaurants have introduced lower-calorie choices.

Feel free to dish on why they’re your faves below! —Erin

Can’t see poll? Click here!

Comments

1. Deborah says:

Chipotle! All organic, quick, and so delicious!

2. Jenn says:

Ditto to Chipotle! It’s not a completely national chain, alas. They have fantastic ingredients and let you make a salad exactly the way you want it and are always generous with their vegetables.

3. Metroknow says:

Ha – Chipotle must have a good marketing team because it was the first thing that came to mind for me too. Baja Fresh is a decent option in a pinch but I’m not sure that’s national either. So much easier to think of places I avoid, sadly :).

4. sparky38351 says:

So cliche…but Subway! Double meat Roasted Chicken breast salad with Sweet onion sauce…yummy and filling! 🙂

5. Karla says:

Mmm…Jason’s Deli. I’m writing an ode to the deli in the next couple days!

6. Deanna Southerling says:

Totally jason’s deli! So good and such great variety!

7. Leslie says:

I’m disappointed that Chipotle wasn’t mentioned. It uses much better ingredients than Pantera Bread and the customization options are endless.

8. cheryl says:

Chiptole for sure !!!

9. Kat says:

I don’t know if I’d consider Panera’s options healthy..yea, the calorie count is low, but the sodium is up in the thousands! Yikes. I think i’d rather eat at home so I know there’s no xantham gum or “natural flavors” (code for chemicals they use to make your food resemble something).

10. Amy says:

Oh, this made me miss living in the states! I’m living in Okinawa, Japan so there are a lot of local, healthy options (super fresh sushi being my favorite), but the one American chain I can eat healthy at is Subway. It’s not great, but it will do in a pinch.